Monday, April 8, 2013

Artist Of The Week - Dani Shay

Since last week's Artist of the Week was Joie The Advocate, I thought I would follow her up with another Be More Heroic campaign spokesperson and singer/songwriter, Dani Shay. Most of you probably remember her for her unforgettable performance on Americas Got Talent.

Others may have heard about her through the Glee Project Season 2.

        I heard of Dani through Americas Got Talent and was instantly a fan. She's one of those singers that has this natural, raw talent to draw you in and make you listen. When she sings you can hear the honesty in not just her lyrics, but in her voice. The other thing I like about her is what she stands for. Like I said before she is also spokesperson for Be More Heroic. Be More Heroic is an anti bullying campaign that speaks at schools and various other venues about acceptance of others and yourself. Along with Be More Heroic, her music sends the same positive vibe of loving and accepting others along with yourself; which is a message not heard enough in our society. It's one I wish more artists and people in the media would put out as much as Dani and the rest of the Be More Heroic campaigners. I have to commend her and other like her for not conforming to what other would like her to be. Dani has always stay true to her self and her fans. I hope to see more from her in the future and maybe one day when she's touring she will come to Asheville, NC so I can see her live! 
         I hope you guys show Dani and Be More Heroic some love and support it's a great thing to be a part of. Enjoy the links and videos below. These are some of favorite videos that I thought I would share with my lovely readers! ~Christina Peace

Links:

YouTube:

Twitter:

Facebook:

Website:

KickStarter (Make a donation to help with her next album!):

Upcoming Show Dates:

4-16-2013 Drake University Des Moines, IA

9-21-2013 Roanke Pride Festival Roanke, VA

Videos!!!

I love 2pac and Changes is one of my favorite songs of all time. My entire family stopped what they were doing when I started playing Dani's cover of it. Maybe partly because I had the volume all the way up, but I think mostly because of her amazing voice!

Superheroes - Dani Shay Original

One - Dani Shay

Thank you for reading and supporting the artists I write about. Thank you for supporting me as well. As always, If you have an artist that you would like to see as our Artist Of The Week leave me links in the comments or tweet it at me @ImTeamOther (personal twitter) or @StreetNoiseTeam (Business twitter).
~Christina Peace


No comments:

Post a Comment